Tag Archives: bonds

Every year you are required to pay taxes on any earnings from investment income. For example, if you have a savings account that accrues $2,000 in interest you will have to add that amount to your taxable income and will be required to pay taxes on it. There are certain investments which are tax free, […]

You will receive a 1099-B if you have sold any stock, bonds, mutual fund or securities in the tax year. You should receive this form from the financial institution or broker you used to make the deals. This form can be sent separately or may also be combined into a statement with other tax information […]